Nelson Mandela International Day, also known as Mandela Day, is held on July 18 each year. The day remembers Mandela’s achievements in working towards conflict resolution, democracy, human rights, peace, and reconciliation.
Resources from Education for Justice:
- For a prayer reflection on Nelson Mandela: A Cosmic Presence of Action in Our Midst, click here.
- For a prayer service on Nelson Mandela: The Making of a Leader, click here.
- For a two-page handout on Mandela’s life, with significant quotes, questions and a prayer, click here.
- For a prayer service that honors Nelson Mandela and his work against apartheid, click here.
- For a film discussion guide on the “Invictus,” an inspiring true story of how Nelson Mandela joined forces with the captain of South Africa’s rugby team to help unite their country, click here.
- For 7 Ways to Honor the Peace Leader’s Legacy, click here