Land degradation intensifies agricultural economic losses, disorganizes local and regional food markets, and causes social and political instability. Here are some basic facts about the linkage between land degradation and sustainable agriculture.
You can organize
- A drawing/poster competition at school
- A plants /seeds sale (sell and plant the appropriate seed or plant for your region to initiate a sustainable growing)
- Events that attract many people, such as a sport competition (“run/swim for the land”) or a concert.
- Lectures, debates, panel discussions on the theme
- A tree planting ceremony
Education for Justice resources:
- Resource: Climate Change: Facts and Faces
- Handout: 10 Earth-Friendly Ways You Can Make a Difference: Global climate change has been a major topic in the public spotlight these days. While everyone from scientists to politicians are joining forces to address this reality, there are numerous simple things each one of us can do to make a difference. Catholic social teaching calls us to take responsibility for the way we care for the earth. This one-page resource contains 10 easy things you can do to be a better steward.