This toolbox for African American History Month includes resources, both revised and new, on racial justice and nonviolent protest; important figures of the Civil Rights movement; and the arts:
- Activity: Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Creative Voice: Celebrating African American History Month (Donna Toliver Grimes)
- Creative Voice: A Story of Faith for Times Like These (The Rev. Dr. Kelly Douglas Brown)
- Fact Sheet: Rosa McCauley Parks: Taking a Stand for Justice
- Film Discussion Guide: Kill the Messenger
- Film Discussion Guide: Endgame: AIDS in Black America
- Film Discussion Guide: Selma
- Film Discussion Guide: Loving
- Film Discussion Guide: 13th
- Film Discussion Guide: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
- Film Discussion Guide: Marshall
- Lesson Plan: Rosa Parks: A Mighty Witness
- Litany: Remembering Those Who Prepared the Land and Those Who Grew the Civil Rights Movement
- Litany: Celebrating Brave, Visionary Poets
- Prayer Service for Black History Month
- Prayer Service: Majora Carter
- Praying with Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Prayer: In Memory of Rosa Parks, A Role Model for Justice and Peace
- Prayer: In Memory of Coretta Scott King
- Prayer to St. Martin de Porres (English & Spanish)
- Reflection: Grace Heard Singing: Sister Thea Bowman
- Reflections on Peace, Justice and Hope from Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Reflection: Rosa Parks: Overcoming Fear for the Sake of Justice
- Reflection: Medgar Evers
- Reflection: Freedom Riders
Date Added: January 18, 2018
Gain access to this and thousands of resources when you join Education For Justice
Become a Member!
Click here to view free sample resources.