Major themes in this interview are:
- The influence in Dave’s life of parishes and parishioners with a passion for social justice.
- Dave’s involvement in ministries intended to foster a connection to young adults and the poor within a community.
- The decision to integrate social justice experiences by attending Harvard Divinity School.
- The incredible power of religion to change lives.
- The impact of the contemplative aspect of Christianity especially as expressed and lived by Thomas Merton.