This day is a day to celebrate the love that makes it beautiful to be human.
The following resources are available on the Education for Justice web site:
- Unit on Valentine’s Day: Flowers, Chocolate and Diamonds – This unit considers the justice issues and human faces behind the products of flowers, chocolate and diamonds–three common Valentine’s Day gifts. Click here.
- Deus Caritas Est. Valentines Valentine’s Day provides a wonderful opportunity to take a closer look at the deeper meaning of Love as presented in Pope Benedict XVI’s encyclical, Deus Caritas Est. This Valentine’s Day resources not only encourages you to take a reflective look at this encyclical, it also engages the encyclical by selecting appropriate quotes for print-ready Valentine cards which can be sent to family and friends. Instructions are provided for printing — which can be done in color or black and white. This 6-page resource also includes:
- An explanation of the religious origins of Valentine’s Day
- A Handout: How to say, “I love you” in 100 languages
- Print-ready Valentines based on Deus Caritas Est
- A Scripture activity: 8 Great Valentines in Scripture